Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Walk #8: Westminster

A few Sundays ago after chuch, Tara, Scott, Shelisa, Hannah and I went on the Westminster walk. I took another whirl at leading, and it went pretty well since a lot of this area was familiar.  This walk was great because we got to go past some of my favorite, sights in London. I love stepping out of Westminster station and seeing Big Ben and Parliament looming above and Westminster Abbey just across the street. The view right there along the Thames is awesome too.  I was also glad to finally go on this walk because we saw famous things that I was worried I wouldn't get the chance to see, like the remains of Whitehall Palace, No. 10 Downing Street, the Horse Guard Parade and where the Trooping of the Colour will be held later this week, and St. James's Palace, which looked like a mini Hampton Court. Around that area we walked through some streets that had a ton of really fancy, high-end men's stores. Scott dubbed it "the man district." Toward the end of the walk I liked strolling past Buckingham Palace. It was beautiful on a sunny day and it wasn't way crowded like during the Royal Wedding. Westminster is a really pretty area that I thought I knew pretty well, but actually hadn't seen much of before.

Horse Guard Parade

St. James's Palace

I got a picture in a guard box!

Just the girls in front of Buck Palace

No comments:

Post a Comment