Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Walk #10: Bloomsbury

Yesterday morning I set out by myself to do my final walk. Yay! I was pleasantly surprised by the Bloomsbury area, which I'd never been to before. It was pretty quiet, well-kept, and residential. I saw a lot of families in the various squares and parks, and a lot of young and middle-aged professionals walking to work. I liked seeing these real Londoners out and about doing their normal routines. I think Bloomsbury is an area I could live in if I were to move to London. It's definitely close to the heart of the city and everything you need, but at the same time there's not too much touristy stuff nearby or hustle and bustle. On this walk there were also a few notable sights along this walk, including the Foundling Museum, Charles Dickens' House, and of course, the mammoth British Museum. This is where I ended my walk so I could finally go in and see it and get that off my checklist before leaving London!

Charles Dickens' house

Is this for real? Who picked that name? But seriously, where can I get transfer papers?

The British Museum is way cool!

1 comment:

  1. You've been busy, Kaylee! I like that you guys used bikes for one of the walks---creative thinking.

    I don't have a record of your completion of the Lambeth and South Bank walk. You've done the other 9, plus the lead-a-walk assignment.

    You have one walk left to compelte (or report on) plus the short final report.

    ReplyDelete