Thursday, June 9, 2011

Favorite Walks!

I can't believe that I'm done with the walks and that our time in London is almost up! Here's the rundown on my three favorite walks:


1. Southwark and Bankside
This was one of the first walks I did, and it was a fun because we did part of it at night and part by day. This area is actually one of my very favorites in London and I've been there a lot. This might be partly because Nick, Scott, and I found our favorite little lunch joint by chance on this walk. Amano on Clink Street is so good! I've been four times! Southwark and Bankside has some of the best views in all of London, too. I love walking across the Millennium Bridge to the Tate Modern and then looking back at St. Paul's, plus looking down the Thames to London Bridge and the Tower Bridge. Not to mention, the Globe is right there too. It's just an all-around cool part of London, I think!

2. Central Parks
Central Parks was so fun and so beautiful! I'm not exaggerating when I say that this was one of my favorite things I've done the whole time here in London. It only cost a pound to rent a bike and ride through London for an hour. We saw so many things! -- Trafalgar Square, Buckingham Palace, St. James' Park, Hyde Park, Kensington Gardens, and Kensington High Street. I will highly recommend going on a bike ride through the parks and the city to anyone who visits London!

 3. Regent's Park
Regent's Park is my favorite park in London. I fell in love with it on this walk. It is so beautiful and well-kept; I loved the rowing pond, and huge open fields, and the perfectly-manicured gardens. There were tons of families out, people walking dogs or playing football, and everyone was just enjoying themselves on such a beautiful day. It made me realize that even amidst the hustle and bustle of city life, Londoners really know how to relax and enjoy nature and life. 


1 comment:

  1. Southwark as number one? That's fairly rare, but I can see why you liked it; it would be more interesting to get a day/night few of the place. Regent's Park appears in the top 3 of almost everyone, and it's easy to see why.

    Thanks for getting all your walks blogs posted, Kaylee.

    You are now an official graduate of the London Walks Course. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete